Return & Refund Policy
Return Procedure, for return of defective Products to City Music Melaka, the Customer must inform City Music Melaka within three (3) days from the date of receiving for non warrantied product to making any returns, indicating part number, quantity and a written description of the Product defect. Warrantied products shall be subject according to the Brand Manufacturers & Models. All freight, duties, customs and similar charges for return of Products to & from City Music Melaka under this Agreement will be paid by the Customer.
- We do not accept returns on sale and promotional items.
- All returned items must be in unused condition, with original tags, packaging and with a copy of the receipt.
Returning a Faulty Product
i. Contact us
Get in touch with us via the below contact details. You will be put through to a product specialist in the field of your item; he/ she will ask you some questions to understand your concerns and try our very best to resolve or troubleshoot the fault to see if it can be fixed without being returned. You are required to submit clear photographs and videos of the faulty product or issue.
Contact Number : 010-8351698, 06-2810062
Email: [email protected]
- Check the manufacturer’s product website for known issues.
- Check the item’s product manual & look out for a troubleshooting section.
- Where applicable, ensure you have the latest software installed with your hardware.
- Remember not to use excessive force, or open items to attempt and repair them yourself. This may result in your warranty being invalidated!
iii. Filing a Return
If the troubleshooting was unsuccessful and you wish to return the goods, we shall advise the next steps accordingly. Please remember to record the names of our Customer Service Representative you have spoken to about your item and give us as much information as possible about the condition of your item. This will help us to resolve your case as fast as possible.
You can send the defective items to:
City Music Melaka Sdn Bhd
319, Jalan Ong Kim Wee, 75300 Melaka
iv. Post Claim
Depending on the nature of the product faulty, your product will be inspected in house and, if necessary, returned back to the manufacturer or to a company specializing in the repair of your product. Once your product is ready for collection, we will contact you & make the delivery arrangements. Otherwise, you can also opt for a Self-Collection option during operational hours. Repairs will take up to 2-4 weeks, depending on the product condition.
If your item is still within the warranty period*, we will repair it without charge, or replace it, at our discretion. If the item can’t be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer, we will seek a refund from the manufacturer or offer an alternative replacement model based on the customer’s choice.
If your item is outside the warranty period, charges for parts, labour and delivery will apply. We will advise you of any charges before proceeding with the repair.
*Warranty period & its terms & conditions varied according to the brand manufacturers & models.
v. Non-Returnable Items
While we maintain a liberal return policy, there are certain items that cannot be returned for very specific reasons. These items include:
- Special orders
- Oversized or overweight items
- Discontinued products, closeouts, and used products
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
Refunds & Exchange
Goods sold and delivered are non-refundable. City Music Melaka will only permit refunds in the exceptional situation such as duplicate transactions/transactions error & etc where proofs are needed. Kindly contact us if you experience such situations. Once your refund request is approved, please allow 10-14 working days for the refund to be effective and completed due to bank refund transaction times.
City Music Melaka only conduct exchange in situations where the product is found to be faulty & situations where the manufacturer is not able to provide a fair repair solution or exchange to a new unit.
- Items can be exchanged for a similar item or items of a higher value (RM) within 3 calendar days from the date of purchase.
- Provided that the item is returned undamaged, unsealed, unopened and non-online warranty registration of the product. Items should be returned as they were originally packaged.
- You will be liable for the delivery costs (if any) associated with the return/ exchange.
City Music Melaka may, in our sole and absolute discretion, amend the terms of this Return and Exchange Policy at any time and without notice to you.