Scale Explorer for Piano is a creative resource for students learning their scales and arpeggios. This book covers ABRSM’s new syllabus requirements (from 2021) at Grade 1-5, and includes engaging activities that bring scales to life through short pieces, improvisation, composition and exercises.
- Workouts to help establish the fingering patterns by breaking each scale and arpeggio into small sections
- Tips and hints to encourage students to remember the characteristics of individual scales
- Short, tuneful pieces that incorporate scale and arpeggio patterns, showing how they are used in music and providing reading and playing opportunities
- ‘Tune Factory’ activities, where students can compose their own melodies and improvise within the scale key
- A chart with tick boxes, to help students with their scale and arpeggio revision