**On Request/Pre Order item : Kindly choose pickup/special delivery upon checking out your cart. Our team will contact you in 24 hours to get information and get your products delivered**
Combining the acclaimed Responsive Hammer III keyboard action and stunning SK-EX, SK-5, and EX grand piano sounds, with a powerful 4 speaker delivery system, Bluetooth MIDI and Audio connectivity, usefull USB audio features, and support latest appls, the CN301 delivers impressive specifications at an unbeatable price.
- Class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action
- Ivory Touch key surfaces, triple sensor, let-off, counterweights
- Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound with 88-key sampling
- Shigeru Kawai SK-EX & Kawai EX concert grand piano sounds
- High Quality Amplification, four spaker 40W delivery system
- Integrated Bluetooth® MIDI and Audio wireless technology
- MP3/WAV/SMF playback, record, and overdub to USB
- Built-in classical etudes and Alfred lesson books
- Spatial Headphone Sound for enhanced depth and realism
- Attractive cabinet with cheekblock control panel and OLED display
- Experience music, together.
- Kawai’s latest CN series digital pianos provide a realistic full-sized keyboard, beautiful grand piano sounds, and headphone jacks that allow silent practise at any time of the day. These affordable instruments also offer a variety of inspiring features suitable for everyone in the family, and have attractive cabinet designs that will complement any room. The new CN series from Kawai – experience music, together.
- The Touch of a Grand Piano: Responsive Hammer III keyboard action
- The CN301's acclaimed Responsive Hammer III keyboard action recreates the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and rigid, springless design providing a smooth and natural piano playing experience. The instrument's triple-sensor key detection system enhances responsiveness and accuracy, while structural reinforcements throughout the action assembly help to minimize noise and key wobble during staccato and fortissimo passages.
- Authentic 88-key Counterweights
In addition to grade-weighted hammers, the Responsive Hammer III keyboard action also features counterweights embedded within each black and white key.
As with an acoustic piano, these finely balanced weights help to lighten the touch of the keyboard during pianissimo passages, while adding a feel of greater substance when playing with force.
- Triple sensor key detection
The Responsive Hammer III keyboard action utilises an accurate triple-sensor key detection system for enhanced playing realism.
The added third sensor improves responsiveness when playing the same key repeatedly, and unlike conventional two sensor keyboard actions found in many digital pianos, allows the sound of a single note to be gradually ‘layered’ without the previous tone being lost.
In addition, Kawai’s action technology also monitors the speed at which each key is lifted, influencing the release character of piano sounds, and providing a greater range of expression between staccato and legato playing.
- Ivory Touch key surfaces
- The impressive CN301 features Kawai’s highly regarded Ivory Touch key surfaces as standard. This finely textured material gently absorbs fingertip perspiration and oils to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth but not slippery.
- Furthermore, this moisture is absorbed without dirt or grease permeating the surface, allowing the keytops to be wiped clean easily using just a damp cloth.
- Let-off Simulation
- As the most authentic digital piano keyboard action in its class, Responsive Hammer III even reproduces the 'let-off' characteristic of acoustic piano actions.
- This subtle 'notch' sensation can be felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very gently, and may be used by experienced pianists to aid control when playing pianissimo passages.
- The Sound of a Grand Piano: Three world-class instruments
- Earning a reputation as the ‘premier pianos of Japan’, Shigeru Kawai instruments grace the stages of concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and are prized for their outstanding tonal clarity and exceptional dynamic range.
- The new CN301 captures the magnificent tone of two premier Shigeru Kawai instruments: the flagship SK-EX Concert and mid-sized SK-5 Studio grand pianos, allowing musicians to enjoy the contrasting properties of each.
- In addition, the CN301 also features the distinctive sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed EX concert grand piano, which has frequently been selected by professional pianists in such prestigious events as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others.
- All three instruments are faithfully reproduced with full 88-key sampling using proprietary Harmonic Imaging™ sound technology, to establish a new standard in digital piano tonal quality.
- Full 88-key stereo piano sampling
- The rich, expressive sound of the SK-EX and EX concert grand pianos is at the heart of the CN301, with all eighty-eight keys of these world-class instruments painstakingly recorded, meticulously analysed, and accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms.
- Recording each key individually in this way – as opposed to stretching the same tone over several different notes – preserves the grand pianos’ unique harmonic character, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any one of the CN301’s weighted keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
- Harmonic Imaging technology
- When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of each grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at a wide variety of different volumes, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo.
- The CN301 offers a highly detailed acoustic portrait, employing Kawai’s proprietary Progressive Harmonic Imaging sampling technology to ensure smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
- Variety Beneath Your Fingertips
- Alongside the classically voiced SK-EX, SK-5, and EX, and grand piano sounds, the CN301 also showcases a selection of Jazz, Pop, and Modern variations suitable for a range of musical genres. A traditional Kawai Upright Piano sound is also included, for pieces that suggest a feeling of nostalgia, or call for a slightly more intimate tonal character.
- Personalised piano adjustments
- The knowledge and skill of an experienced piano technician is essential to bring out the best of a fine acoustic piano. In addition to tuning each note, the technician also performs numerous regulation and voicing adjustments that allow the instrument to truly sing.
- The CN301’s powerful Virtual Technician function simulates these refinements digitally, allowing discerning musicians to shape aspects of the selected piano’s character to suit their personal preferences.
- Perform touch weight and voicing adjustments, regulate hammer and key release noises, and fine-tune string, damper, and cabinet resonances. It is even possible to adjust the precise tuning, volume, and character of individual notes – all in real-time.
- Powerful Effects & Reverb
- The CN3901’s powerful digital effects engine enhances the instrument’s superior core sounds, applying additional layers of detail and realism that bring performances to life.
- Studio-quality reverb allows pianists to position themselves within one of six acoustic environments, ranging from a small practise room to an inspirational grand cathedral.
- Premium audio technologies
- Developed by Kawai R&D's highly experienced audio engineering team, the CN301 features a redesigned speaker system and a brand new high quality power adapter. These componenets combine to deliver best-in-class audio quality, producing an extremely rich, clear sound with minimal distortion
- High-performance 4-speaker output system
- Unrivalled in its price range, the CN301's high-performance 4-speaker output system is designed to reproduce the harmonic spectrum of an acoustic piano. Lower-range frequencies are delivered through the underside of the instrument, while mid and high frequencies are projected outward via top-mounted speakers, resulting in an expansive tone that closely mirrors the sound projection of a grand piano.
- The Variety of a Digital Piano: Convenience & Flexibility
- Complementing the instrument's class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action and Progressive Harmonic Imaging piano sounds, the CN301 also offers a strong selection of digital piano features that further enhance one’s musical enjoyment.
- Wireless Bluetooth® connectivity, USB audio record/playback, Dual, Split, and Four Hands keyboard modes, and a rich assortment of instrumental voices add greater variety to players’ performances, while the convenient metronome function and integrated lessons ensure that regular practise is both productive and engaging for aspiring pianists.
- Integrated Bluetooth® connectivity
- In addition to standard USB and MIDI jacks for connecting to computers or other instruments, the CN301 also features integrated Bluetooth® MIDI and Audio technologies that allow the instrument to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly.
- Once paired with a phone, tablet, or laptop, CN39 owners can enjoy a wide variety of exciting music-related apps that enhance their learning and playing experience, or stream audio from songs and videos directly through the instrument’s premium amplifier and speaker systems without the need to connect additional cables.
- * Availability of Bluetooth® function may vary depending on market area.
- * For more information please refer to the Bluetooth MIDI Information support page.
- Additional sounds & playing modes
- Supplementing the beautiful acoustic piano voices, the CN301 also features an excellent selection of additional sounds, ranging from electric pianos and drawbar or church organs, to strings, human choirs, and synth pads, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances.
- The Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Split and Four Hands modes divide the keyboard into two independent sections.
- The latter feature is particularly useful in learning environments, allowing teacher and student (or student and student) to play together at the same time using a single instrument.
- Flexible USB connectivity
- In addition to wireless functionality, the CN301 is also equipped with USB ports that allow the instrument to be connected directly to a computer for MIDI use or to load and save data to USB memory devices
- This latter USB to Device functionality allows recorder songs stored within internal memory to be safely preserved on USB flash drives, or for standard MIDI files (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be played back and enjoyed using the instrument's excellent Progressive Harmonic Imaging sounds without additional hardware or cables.
- MP3/WAV Playback & Record
- USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs.
- It is even possible to record and overdub entire performances directly as MP3 or WAV audio files for emailing to family and friends, or casual listening away from the piano.
- Grand Feel Pedal System
- Reinforcing the CN Series’ reputation as the most realistic digital pianos in their price range is Kawai’s Grand Feel Pedal System. This unique feature accurately replicates the position and individual weighting of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano to further enhance the CN301's acoustic piano-like authenticity.
- Superior headphone experience
- The CN301's Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology enhances the depth and realism of the instrument's sound when listening through headphones or earphones. The player can select one of three different acoustic presets that adjust the spatial positioning of the sound, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue when using earphones or headphones for extended periods of time.
- In addition, the CN301 also allows players to select a variety of headphone types (Open, Semi-open, Closed, In-Ear, Canal, etc.) for an optimised listening experience.
- Built-in lesson function
- The CN301’s convenient lesson function allows aspiring pianists to learn piano with classical Czerny, Chopin, Burgmüller, Beyer, Bach, and Beethoven etudes, or a collection of songs from the popular Alfred's Basic, Adult, and Premier course books.
- With a strong emphasis on acoustic piano realism, the CN301 also features traditional finger exercises, scales, and warm-up drills, and includes companion books for all classical scores to further aid one’s piano development.
- * Included score books dependent on market location.
- * Alfred lesson books sold separately.
- Grand performance within a modern, premium cabinet
- The CN301's modern cabinet incorporates a curved leg design, with minimalist toe blocks for additional stability. Its flat fascia and tall upper board give the instrument a traditional, upright piano-like quality, while the extruded side panels contribute to a premium appearance that belies the CN301's affordable price.
- Cabinet Finishes
- The CN301 is available in three attractive cabinet finishes: Premium Rosewood, Premium Satin Black, and Premium Satin White, allowing musicians to coordinate their piano with a range of modern interiors.
- * Cabinet finish availability dependent on market location.
The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while let-off simulation recreates the subtle 'notch' sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano. These important characteristics allow discerning pianists to practise their expanding repertoire with confidence, and ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises when called upon to perform using the finest acoustic grand pianos.
|Keyboard||・ Responsive Hammer III action|
- 88 keys
- Grade-weighted hammers
- Ivory Touch white key surfaces
- Let-off simulation
- Triple sensor key detection
|Pedal||・ Grand Feel Pedal System|
- Damper (with half-pedal support)
|Piano Sound||・ Progressive Harmonic Imaging (PHI)|
- 88-key stereo sampling
- SK-EX, SK-5, EX recording
- 256 note maximum polyphony
|Piano Resonance||・ Acoustic Rendering|
- Damper Resonance
- String Resonance
- Undamped String Resonance
- Cabinet Resonance
|Piano Adjustment||・Virtual Technician (19 parameters)|
- Touch Curve (incl. User Touch Curve)
- Voicing (incl. 88-key User Voicing)
- Damper Resonance
- Damper Noise
- String Resonance
- Undamped String Resonance
- Cabinet Resonance
- Key-off Effect
- Fall-back Noise
- Hammer Delay
- Topboard Simulation
- Decay Time
- Release Time
- Minimum Touch
- Stretch Tuning (incl. 88-key User Tuning)
- Temperament (incl. User Temperament)
- Temperament Key
- Key Volume (incl. 88-key User Key Volume)
- Half-Pedal Adjust
- Soft Pedal Depth
・Virtual Technician Smart Mode (10 presets)
|No. of Sounds||355 voices (incl. 9 drum kits), GM2 compatible|
|Other Effects||24 types|
|Speakers||13 cm x 2 (low-mid range speakers)|
(8 x 12 cm) x 2 (mid-high range speakers, with diffusers)
|Output Power||40 W (20 W x 2)|
|Headphone Enhancements||Spatial Headphone Sound|
|Display||128 x 64 pixel OLED|
|Key Cover||Sliding type|
|Music Rest||Collapsible type (3 angle adjustability)|
|Dimensions||Width||141 cm (55 1/2'')|
|Depth||43.5 cm (17 1/3")|
|Height||87 cm (34 1/4) [music rest flat]|
104.5 cm (41 1/4") [music rest raised]
|Weight||47.5kg (105 lbs.)|
|Available Finishes||Premium Satin Black (CN301B)|
Premium Satin White (CN301W)
Premium Rosewood (CN301R)
Low Volume Balance
|Internal Songs||Sound Demo||33 songs|
|Piano Music||29/42 songs *|
|Concert Magic||176 songs|
|Lesson Songs||Burgmüller 25 (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100)|
Czerny 30 (Etudes de Mécanisme, Opus 849)
Czerny 100 (Hundert Übungsstücke, Opus 139)
Beyer 106 (Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101)
J.S. Bach: Inventionen
Sonatinen Album 1
Chopin Walzer (Chopin waltzes series 1-19)
Alfred’s Premier Piano Course Lesson 1A
Alfred’s Premier Piano Course Lesson 1B
Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A
Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B
Alfred’s Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book Level 1
|Internal Recorder||Total Memory||approximately 90,000 notes|
|No. of Songs||10 songs|
|Metronome||Time Signatures||1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8|
|Drum Rhythms||100 patterns|
|Bluetooth *||Bluetooth (Ver. 5.0; GATT compatible)|
Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
Bluetooth Audio (Ver 4.1; A2DP compatible)
|USB Audio Recorder||Record/Playback||MP3|
SMF (16 track recording)
|App Functions||Piano Remote (iOS/Andriod)|
|Connector Jacks||Headphone||1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" Stereo jacks|
|MIDI||MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, Bluetooth MIDI *|
|Line Out||1/4" L/MONO, R [unbalanced]|
|Line In||1/4" L/MONO, R [unbalanced]|
|USB to Host||✔|
|USB to Device||✔|
AC adaptor (PS-154)
|Bench||Fixed-height or height-adjustable bench *|
|Sheet Music||Classical Piano Collection *|
Classical Lesson Scores *